If you spend a little time searching up effective team compositions for the more difficult portions of Genshin Impact, sooner or later you’ll come across Xingqiu. The rich merchant’s son, poet, and swordsman is one of the strongest Sub-DPS characters in the game. If you want to equip Xingqiu with the best weapons and artifacts in Genshin Impact, then just read our guide below.
Genshin Impact Xingqiu: best weapons
Xingqiu’s most powerful contribution to team performance is his two abilities. His standard damage is quite low, which is why he serves mainly as an off-field DPS – so he only gets to go ham on the battlefield for a very short time. The swordsman contributes a bit of healing and boosts the active character’s defense, but mainly provides steady Hydro application and ability damage. Since his cooldowns are quite long, the use of Sacrificial Sword, a 4-star weapon, is recommended. It offers a 40 percent chance of skipping a skill’s cooldown after using it.
Alternative weapon options for Xingqiu are:
- Primordial Jade Cutter (5-star Sword) – increases Critical Hit Rate, HP, Attack.
- Skyward Blade (5-star Sword) – increases Energy Recharge, Critical Hit Rate, damage.
- Favonius Sword (4-star Sword) – increases Energy Recharge, regenerates energy on critical hits.
Genshin Impact Xingqiu: best artifacts
Xingqiu’s healing increases with the number of his maximum hit points, but since this is not his primary purpose, you can ignore this aspect when choosing the right artifact set for him. As for the offense, the Energy Recharge is a limiting factor: Xingqiu eats a lot of energy to use his important abilities, so it’s a good idea to help him out with that.
Therefore, a full set of Emblem of Severed Fate is a strong choice for him. Wearing two pieces increases the Energy Recharge by 20 percent. Four pieces of the set increase the damage caused by abilities based on the character’s Energy Recharge. In this way, you massively strengthen Xingqiu in his role and allow him to make constant contributions to the team’s damage output.
If you can handle low Energy Recharge or have artifacts with high values in this attribute, a mix of two pieces of Noblesse Oblige and two pieces of Heart of Depth is a good alternative. The former increases ability damage, the latter increases Hydro damage.
Look out for the following stat distributions on your artifact pieces:
- Plume: Attack (main stat), Attack %, Critical Damage, Critical Hit Rate, Elemental Mastery (sub stats).
- Flower: HP (main stat), Attack %, Critical Damage, Critical Hit Rate, Energy Recharge (sub stats).
- Sands: Energy Recharge (main stat), Critical Damage, Critical Hit Rate, Energy Recharge, Elemental Mastery (sub stats).
- Goblet: Hydro Damage % (main stat), Critical Damage, Critical Hit Rate, Attack %, Energy Recharge (sub stats).
- Circlet: Critical Damage (main stat), Critical Damage, Critical Hit Rate, Energy Recharge, Attack % (sub stats).
Genshin Impact Xingqiu: best teams
Xingqiu is the key to many powerful teams in Genshin Impact – for example, he is a part of the so-called National Team. This is called so because it contains characters from all the already playable regions of Teyvat – or at least it did. After the release of Sumeru, this is no longer quite the case. Anyway, this composition looks like this:
- Raiden(Main DPS), Xiangling (Sub DPS), Xingqiu (Sub DPS), Bennett (Support).
The national team combines the off-field effects of Xiangling and Xingqiu with the healing and boosting abilities of Bennett, putting them in the service of a powerful Main DPS character like Raiden Shogun. In a more free-to-play friendly variant, Xiangling is the Main DPS, Raiden is out as a 5-star figure, and in her place Chongyun joins the squad as a Sub DPS.
- Hu Tao (Main DPS), Yelan (Sub DPS), Xingqiu (Sub DPS), Zhongli(Support).
In this configuration, Yelan and Xingqiu provide enough Hydro effects for Hu Tao and her Pyro attacks to perform reactions with. The two characters also generate Hydro resonance, which adds more health to the entire group and improves the shields that Zhongli contributes.
Since Xingqiu ideally supports any Main DPS that relies primarily on standard attacks, teams around Yoimiya, Diluc, Ayato, or Ayaka are also powerful. Supports include characters like Dori, who helps out with healing and energy, or Kazuha and Sucrose, who group enemies and shred their elemental resistance.
Xingqiu is an easily accessible option for many players, but at the same time he is highly dependent on his constellations: With C6, his performances are significantly above the level of the previous stages, making him a character that needs a lot of investment for him to perform at his best.
Written by Marco Wutz on behalf of GLHF.